The Electrical Supervisor is directly responsible for the supervision of the routine maintenance inspection and implementation including repair and reconditioning of various parts or accessories of electrical equipment.
He/she is directly in charge of ensuring that calibration system is in place and that schedules of calibration is complied with including external calibration requirements.
He/she is also responsible for the supervision for the protection devices or systems to ensure equipment and systems proper operation and safety.
He/she ensures that applicable training is provided to personnel under his area of responsibility and that appraisals and evaluation are conducted periodically to ensure employee growth and development.
Product/Service Quality and Operational Efficiency
- Supervises replacing heavily damaged part of electrical equipment for continuous operation and performs satisfactory repairs on defective instrument systems, equipment and machinery to maintain proper continuity of operation.
- Oversees conduct of trouble shooting activities at the plant which needed Supervisor expertise to solve problem and minimize downtime.
- In times of operational shutdown, works out scheduled tasks through the directions and instructions of the Team Leader or Operational Staff.
- Works and coordinates with other Department Supervisor and Operators
- Prepares the yearly Calibration Road Map of all electrical equipment and monitors department’s implementation and compliance
- Assures the continuous operation of all motors and controls valve to attain production target
Trouble Shooting and Maintenance
- Ensures routine inspection and evaluation of plant wide Electrical systems (controls, equipment, machinery, utilities) and various types of Switchgears and transformers in all operating areas of the plant with the aid of electrical testing devices suited for the purpose, works out troubles and defects as may be detected. Reports to superior if needed.
- Monitors accomplishment of regular and accurate preventive maintenance checklists and forms for proper monitoring and record purposes.
- Oversee the repairs of all defective equipment including ordering of spare parts to restore the operation of this defective Motors and controls.
- In charge of implementation of planned calibration of overcurrent protection including its proper documentation controls and safekeeping.
- Oversees the calibration of all testing equipments such Multi-tester and other calibrator equipment including those requiring Government accredited 3rd Party certification, verifies certificates and ensures proper safekeeping and filing of records.
- Initiates implementation of the installation of new projects and equipment upgrade for the Mill improvement.
- Identifies applicable improvement projects to ensure optimize and efficient performance of the section
Safety and Housekeeping
- Upkeeps and supervises the order and cleanliness of EID Workshop and all Electrical Equipment installed mill wide.
- Oversees the safety regulation of his staff including wearing of safety paraphernalia and the manner by which they work applying safety.
- Responsible for training of Electrical Technician in the field of calibration and repairs of all types of motor and control.
- Appraises and evaluates the performance of Senior Instrument Technician and Instrument Technician.
Management Systems Compliance
- Awareness and compliance to policies and procedures as required by the ISO 9001 Standards and other standards implemented in the mill.
- Relieves and performs task of Instrument Specialist and EID Planner when needed.
- Familiarizes with the duties and responsibilities of Drive Specialist and Instrumentation Supervisor
- Performs related task and functions that may be asked by immediate superior from time to time