The Maintenance Planner provides technical support to Mechanical Maintenance Department by preparing detailed planning, execution and supervision of the daily and monthly activities related to Preventive Maintenance, road map and schedule.
He/she ensures full efficiency of the machines by providing a condition-based monitoring of all equipments and accurate specifications of all materials/spare parts and equipments that are being procured.
He/she is directly responsible in mentoring, coaching and training personnel under his supervision ensuring departmental objectives and targets are met.
Product/Service Quality and Operational Efficiency
- Ensures that all spare equipments are in good condition and ready for use anytime.
- Initiates Purchase Requisition of the materials without inventory stocks, conducts follow-up delivery and inspects all delivered items with MCD Assistant to ensure that the required purchase specifications are met.
- Prepares spreadsheet/bar chart for the scheduled monthly and annual PMS and coordinates with contractors for the supply of additional tools, equipment and required skilled manpower.
- Monitors the progress of the repairs undertaken during shutdown, checks if executions are according to the plan and immediately make necessary adjustments when problem occur.
- Prepares and updates as necessary drawing of equipments and spare parts, plant lay-out and ensure they are systematically filed and accessible at all times.
- Prepares equipment inspection road maps, checklist and conducts updating of equipment history.
- Evaluates results and/or findings recorded by PM Personnel and immediately provides reports to concerned departments and/or to MMD Team Leader.
- Prepares shutdown status reports and conducts meeting with the Management Committee and all Team Leaders for the post mortem review.
Trouble Shooting and Maintenance
- Schedules, instructs and coordinates the overhauling, repair and installation and alignment of various types of machines and machinery installation in the mill.
- Ensures continuous learning and awareness to the latest preventive maintenance equipment and practices by attending technical seminars and trainings.
Safety and Housekeeping
- Ensure existing policies, particularly safety and housekeeping are observed and carried out by everybody in the project.
- Works and coordinates with other department’s Supervisors and operators.
- Trains, coaches and mentors PM Millwright, Lube Man and Auxiliary Operator, implements disciplinary action when needed
- Appraises and evaluates the performance of PM Millwright, Lubeman and Auxiliary Operator.
Management Systems Compliance
- Awareness and compliance to policies and procedures as required by the ISO 9001 Standards
- Relieves and performs task of Maintenance Supervisor, Project Engineer or MTP Supervisor when needed.
- Familiarizes with the duties and responsibilities of Team Leader
- Performs other related functions which may be assigned by the superior from time to time