Product/Service Quality and Operational Efficiency
- Conducts checking of grease and oil guns to ensure accurate level and right lubricant are available
- Conducts lubrication activities to machines adding oil as needed, removing wastes greases and applying new ones for bearings including checking of all lubricating parts and lines
- Performs routine inspection of machines not included in the schedule to detect leaks, contamination, vibration, heat, oil level and grease and adds lubricant if necessary.
- Ensures that all needed tools and equipments for the performance of the job are available and prepared
- Monitors and maintains lubrications and grease supply inventory and coordinates with Supervisor for purchase and replenishments
- Reports any damage or abnormalities found during inspection and lubrication activities to the Supervisor.
- Records all necessary data on the lubrication and monitoring reports.
Trouble Shooting and Maintenance
- Performs preventive maintenance of all scheduled machines and equipment assisting in repairing damaged machine or equipment and lubricates as needed.
- Checks all scheduled equipment for inspection and performs preventive maintenance of machines which cannot be lubricated when under operation
- Checks all oil level and greases of all machines, motors and equipments during scheduled shutdowns
- Ensures proficiency with the type of equipment to be lubricated, the proper and right lubricants and proper lubrication process
- Suggest further improvement in machine and equipment lubrication and monitoring of usage to increase efficiency and life.
Safety and Housekeeping
- Cleans designated area after work; special tools and equipment in the mill should likewise be cleaned.
- Follows safety precautions to be followed in the performance of the job
Management Systems Compliance
- Awareness and compliance to policies and procedures as required by the ISO 9001 Standards
- Familiarizes with the duties and responsibilities of PM Millwright
- Keeps updated with the latest technology and innovation on the field of lubrications
- Performs other related functions which may be assigned by the superior from time to time.